these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year....

Well.....Christmas is done, the New Year is underway.

Christmas at the Schmidt's was great. We were here for Christmas day, but drove down to Liberty, Texas to visit my mom for a couple of days after Christmas. Going down to Liberty was the first time I've driven through that much of East Texas in a long time. I was raised in that area, and had a good time back in the old stomping grounds. My kids had never been in that part of the state and they were enlightened. We fed cows, rode four-wheelers, shot squirrels, had squirrel dumplins.........and so on. My friend Bob says I'm country....he just does not know how much so.

I'm heart-broken by the Cowboys loss to the Lions.......the Lions. But, we are in the playoffs. How 'bout them Cowboys.

Speaking of football.......isn't New Year's Day great. I've been watching football since 10 o'clock this morning. We've had friends over, an awesome New Year's lunch with the fam......greatness.

Here are a couple of plugs on things I've learned over the break.....

1. Guitar Hero II is a stinkin' awesome game.
2. Go see "A Night at the Museum"
3. Go buy Chris Daughtry's cd.......he's the guy that should've won American Idol last year. It's
a great cd.
4. Don't move to Liberty, TX, but try squirrel dumplins the first chance you get....good eatin'

I'm out...

No comments: