these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Middle School Camp




What a great week we had at middle school camp. We took about 30 to Pineywoods Baptist Encampment for camp. I'm thankful that everything was already planned when I got to Firewheel because Kelly and I just got a chance to hang with the kiddos and start forming some relationships.

Beaux got to be a camper for the first time and had a blast! He made a bunch of new friends and is super excited about church.

These kids are great! I was really impressed with their spiritual maturity, and how respectful and loving they are to other people. They are just 6th-8th grade so that excites me about the future of this student ministry.

One of my new friends, Dominick, got saved this week. I had the opportunity to lead him to Christ and then celebrate with him and all of his friends. He is so excited! And to see his friends be so exicited with him was pretty moving. Several of the kids came to me and told me how much they had been praying for him and for how long they had been praying for him. Awesome!!

We were introduced to the congregation today and had several friends in attendance to support and encourage us as we start this new season of ministry. We are right where God wants us to be and it is such an incredible feeling. To serve a God that is so incredibly redeeming, and gracious is truly humbling.

The relationships we've begun to form with the staff and their families along with the people serving in the student ministry and other areas of the church are exciting. God is working at Firewheel and He's letting us be a part of it.

Thank you Jesus.....

I'm out...




2 comments:

T. Hill said...

That's so awesome buddy! Glad to see you going full steam ahead again!

Angie Lessard said...

Hey Doug!! Great to see some posts from you! I'm so glad you found a place to call home. We miss you guys very much. Tell the whole gang the Lessards and McKenzies said hello!!!