these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Weekends and such...

So we're finishing up our "OMG" series in the student ministry this weekend. The first installment was "Who is God?" The second week we looked at "What is Truth?" We're wrapping up with "What Now?" We know who God is, we know what truth is, and we can recognize things that aren't true (Satan's schemes and tricks).....so what do we do to live our lives accordingly? Should be a good weekend.


I've spoken to a few of our students this week that are really wrestling with where God is in their lives. None of them have ever made the decision to be a Christ follower. I'm excited that I get to talk to them this weekend, and I hope more just like them are there. Pray for that with me.


Life with the Schmidts has been good lately. With school getting ready to start up routine is just on the horizon. I'm ready for some routine. Both girls will be in the same school this year and one drives, so mornings will be somewhat easier. I'm ready to get out into the schools and visit kids in their mission field. I'll be going to a couple of new schools this year and some old familiar ones as well.

We start our new student ministry schedule on Aug. 24th. The kids are pumped! It's going to be a great transition for the whole church. Of course the new building will be incredibly instrumental when it's done. Can't wait for that!

Cowboys v. Chargers tonight at 9. I'm not much into pre-season football, but it does mean that football season is here. I love this time of year. The boy starts his practices tomorrow. No more Cryin' Eagles.....he's a Cougar now. Going to get some new pants and practice gear today. Maybe I'll get me some too........never mind...

How 'bout them Cowboys?!

I'm out.....

No comments: