these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Getting into a routine....


Well...summer is winding down and things are beginning to head back to normal. There's been quite a few things going on the last week or so....

We took a group of sr. high students to New Braunfels last Wednesday and Thursday. Two days of the Schlitterbahn, floating the Comal River, and eating some awesome barbeque. Since I was in jr. high The Gristmill has been my favorite New Braunfels restaurant. Well...Rudy's Country Store and Barbeque may have made it's way to the top of the list. We also listened to a really good singer/songwriter while we were there.....Dan McCoy. There's nothing like jumping into the Comal River at about 8 in the morning to wake you up and start your day. Stinkin' cold water!

This weekend was the second week of our "Drive" series at church. We found some great new additions to the worship team that joined us this week. James and Angela Dildine did a great job singing this weekend and I am real excited about their involvement in our worship team.

Yesterday, Kelly and I went to see Talledega Nights with our friends Clay and Raelyn. It was our second time to see it, but they had not seen it yet......so we went. So funny! I caught some things that I missed the first time around. There was a small problem. Since we went after church I still had my NASCAR shirt on that we've been wearing as part of the "Drive" series. I was walking across the parking lot with Clay when I realized that I was going to Talledega Nights wearing a NASCAR shirt. I called Kelly since she had to take the kids home first and then meet us at the movie. Fortunately I caught her and she brought me a t-shirt. I did have to wear the NASCAR shirt into the theatre and stand in the concession line wearing a Kevin Harvick 29 shirt. Embarrassing.

The pee-wee Garland Eagles football juggernaut is prepared to blast off. We have our first scrimmage this weekend. Practice tonight. So the Cowboys started the pre-season off the right way. 13-3 over the Seahawks.....but it is pre-season. Madden '07 comes out next week. Good stuff....

Here are some pics from New Braufels........Abracadabra Homes.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doug-that's an inappropriate and unsanctioned use of the term 10,000 dead pirates. A proper usage would have been; "I never knew that a 10 year old boy's football helmet could smell as ripe as 10,000 dead pirates in a middle schooler's sock!"

And what's the deal with those extra supplies? Are the teachers running some kind of back alley black market Wal-Mart behind the school? Sheesh! Talk about supplemental income!

later...