these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Trains


This has been one of the longest weeks of my life in the ministry. Granted...back in the days of playing 11-12 camps in a summer, 9-10 D-Now weekends each spring, etc...got pretty long. This last 12 days has been exhausting. Just as I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel...I realized it was a train.

I did get to spend the day yesterday at the Catalyst One Day conference, listening to Andy Stanley and Craig Groeschel lay out some great leadership principles.

You know...there are just seasons that you feel like you're treading water. Not only that, but just as you get your head up for some air another wave hits you in the face. The comfort is that we do have a constant source of power and strength. I'm certainly glad that I don't have to depend on my own strength and wisdom to tread those waters. There are things that I just don't get and probably never will, but God's not worried about it. He's got a plan and it is perfect.

I do know that I'm gonna take some down time Thursday to just refresh a little.

Some things I've been thinkin' about.........

*i'm starting to realize what Mark Twain meant when he said the way to deal with teenage kids is to put them in a barrel and feed them through a knot hole until they're 15. then at 15 plug up the knot hole.....15 makes the terrible 2's look like a party.

*who is gonna be the team that takes a chance on Michael Vick?

*a burp is nothing more than an oral fart.


*i can't wait to see "land of the lost" with will ferrell. one of my favorite shows as a kid.






*kris or adam...i'm hoping all of the gokey fans will vote for kris and we see him win.

*103 days until the Cowboys' first game of 2009

I'm out.....

No comments: