these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

"A-Town"

Just hangin' out in Atlanta for a few days. We're at the Catalyst Conference. It's going great. Heard some great stuff today from Mike Foster, Chris Seay, and Rick McKinley on what doing ministry, and showing the love Christ should look like in today's churches. McKinley had some great stuff to say about how to "be the church" as opposed to "building the church." It was awesome. I'm a big fan of Chris Seay, so it's always good to hangout with him. We've worked together several times over the years at various conferences and stuff, and he always has good stuff to say.

Jay and I went into downtown Atlanta tonight for dinner. We walked around Olympic Park, CNN Center, The Georgia Dome, Philips Arena, etc... It was very cool. My son was pumped that I was actually at the home of Cartoon Network and Boomerang.

We topped the night off by finding the best barbeque place I have ever been in my life. It was just a little shack on Martin Luther King Blvd. in Atlanta. Daddy D'z Barbeque Joint. Unbelievable pork ribs, red beans and rice, cornbread. Our waitress, Suzanne, was awesome! She sat down and talked with us and just hungout.

It kind of made me think about what the church would look like if we just slowed down our lives and schedules to sit down with people and just hangout and form relationships. It could be that we keep ourselves so busy that we miss out on some real opportunities to reach people and form some great relationships that lead to God moments. Just being the church instead of concentrating on building the church.

All that from a great waitress in a little shack of a barbeque place in Atlanta. I'm coming back to Atlanta soon and I'll be heading back to Daddy D'z......

More from the ATL tomorrow.....peace out, A-town down. I'm out...

No comments: