these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

in da hood...

Back from Houston....I was there talking about next summer's camp. We're going to be going to Lake Tomahawk with a few other churches so I was meeting with a couple of them to get some things planned.

As I was heading back to the airport today to come back home I drove through my old hood. So many memories.....It has changed so much. I saw the house I lived in when I was in junior high and drove by my old friend's houses. Some of their families still live there. I stopped and talked to Mr. Briscoe. He was old when I was there, so I can't imagine how old he is now. He still sits on his porch with a guitar and accordion. That's where I found him today. We used to have some fun playing George Jones, some Haggard, and some Hank Williams. Along with cajun songs, and songs that, to this day, I think ol' man Briscoe made up as we went along. Good times...

Then on the flight home I sat by Allie. She is a freshman in college at St. Thomas University in Houston. We had a great conversation about how God speaks to us, her struggles to lead in very tough environment, the state of the church, and stuff like that. She was not even supposed to be on the flight and felt that God had reminded her of just how he does speak by putting her there instead of her planned flight. I was also thankful because it wasn't the elderly lady that fell asleep on my arm on the flight to Houston. My arm smelled like moth balls and old lady perfume for hours. Thanks for the company and conversation Allie.

Glad to be back and glad to have some vacation this week. Oh yeah.....HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS?!!! 1st place baby.......

I'm out..

No comments: