these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

lo siento

That's I'm sorry for those of you who don't speak the language of our neighbors to the south. I was called out by a faithful reader for not including news of our incredible fall retreat and halloween party this past weekend.

We took our sr. high to Mt. Lebanon Baptist Camp Friday and Saturday. It was great. We had some good hang time and really concentrated on building relationships. Carlos Montoya was our retreat pastor and did a great job of putting our various relationships into perspective. He's right.....people have to trust you before they trust your God. Good stuff. Movie night Friday night was fun....hangin' out, watchin' "Nacho Libre." Es fantastic!

Sunday night was our visit to the Dallas Scaregrounds. Fun stuff. 57 kids, 3 haunted houses, various creatures and monsters roaming around outside and a big dance circle. Entertainment definitely worth the $12 ticket.

Well....I left my laptop at work tonight so that I wouldn't be tempted to work at home. I need to sleep. I say that because I have some good pictures of the retreat that I will post tomorrow.

Tonight was our 1st Wednesday communion service. I emceed the night while Pastors Bob and Ray answered various questions pertaining to God's will in our lives. It was great. Afterward I met with a few of the students that I'm getting the chance to mentor and we had some good discussion. They are some awesome kids! I love 'em.

Well.....I'm taking tomorrow off from working out in the morning. I'm up to 24 lbs. lost...feeling good. I'm out........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! on the 24 lb weight lose!! That is GREAT!