these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

YES!

Well....it is here! I LOVE FOOTBALL SEASON!

The Cryin' Eagles (my son's pee wee team) are looking good, i'm goin' to a high school game tomorrow night, espn college gameday starts saturday, and we're one week away from the nfl regular season. WOOOOOO!

Maybe it's just the old player or coach in me, but I still wake up on Fridays with excitement in my gut. And I love getting up on Saturday and reading the high school wrap-up while watching college gameday. And thank goodness for TIVO on Sundays....I love it!

The Cryin' Eagles open up Saturday against the pee wee Vikings....or as I like to call them....The Viklings.

The back to school party went really well. The band, Abandon, did a great job. Check them out on itunes. Good stuff.

I'm two weeks into a weight loss challenge with my buddy Danny. We're going to the last weekend of January and to get where I want to be I've got to average losing 1.5 lbs/week. So far I've dropped 7 in 2 weeks......we'll see what happens.

Starting Weight.....264
Current Weight.....257

We'll see what happens.

Reading thru 1 Corinthians right now......what a great book. I'm out.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doug,

Congrats on the weight loss. Sometimes a little competition is just what is needed.

Keep up the good work.

Joey Burns

Angie Lessard said...

Good luck on the weight loss. Scott and I are currently trying to loose weight as well and it ain't easy. We both like food way too much!!! I've lost 4 my first week, so only ** more to go! :)

Congrats and keep up the HARD work - Angie