these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Paul, football, and the Imperials

So many times we forget our place in life. It's so easy to forget sometimes that God uses us in spite of who we are, not because of who we are.....it reminds me of an old song by the, hmmhmm, Imperials (now that is old school). There was a line that said "it's not because of who I am, but because of whose I am."

In 1 Corinthians 1:26 Paul reminds us that we were not wise in the world's eyes, or powerful, or wealthy when God called us.....and then v.27 is completely humbling when it says that "God chose what is foolish in the world....." Isn't amazing the people that God has used throughout history? Moses, David, Rahab, Jonah, Peter...the list could go on and on. Keith made a great statement, regarding some of these biblical heroes, last night at the first Wednesday communion service. He chooses us and calls us so that he can show his power, grace, and mercy through our conversion and then service to Him. No amount of human knowledge can replace the saving grace and atonement of Christ's death on the cross and His resurrection.

Thank you God for choosing to use this foolish man to do your work. I pray that I will continue to depend on you and not myself......it's when I get out of the way and let you work that I am amazed by what you do.....1 Cor. 1:25..."For God's foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and God's weakness is stronger than human strength."

Well.....it's here.........opening night of the 2007 NFL season. I love this time of year! The Cowboys open up with the Giants Sunday night. Could be the best year we've seen out of the 'Boys in a while. Here's my bold prediction of the year..........Marion Barber becomes the starting RB for Dallas by week 6 and rushes for 1,000 yards this season.

By the way....the Cryin' Eagles opened our season last week with a convincing 31-0 win over the Viklings. We scored more in that game than the previous 2 seasons combined. Yes...I said seasons. Big game with the Owlets this week.

Weight loss challenge update, 3 1/2 weeks in:

Starting Weight: 264
Current Weight: 252

I'm out.....

No comments: