these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mornings

What is it about mornings? I've always considered myself to be somewhat of a morning person. There are few times that I can remember getting up and regretting having to wake up. The occasional junior high lock-in has brought morning resentment. Or, back in the coaching days, a Saturday morning after a loss was never good. But for the most part......I like the mornings.

I usually get up and walk the dog and then sit on the porch to read my paper. The last couple of weeks, the weather at 7:00am has been awesome. So peaceful.

Peace is something that has been difficult to come by over the last few months in our house. The unrest of the unknown, and the stress of unclear direction have dominated our emotions and thoughts. And then suddenly over the last 10 days God has begun to clear things up, much like the morning brings light and clarity to all that was dark.

It is so encouraging to know that His plan and His timing are perfect. It is so easy to teach that, but yet so hard to see it and understand it when you're in the middle of the night. Sometimes things aren't as they seem in the darkness.

I thank God for the light of a new day and the hope of new relationships. He is Lord and He is God........I am neither and I am thankful.

I'm out.....

1 comment:

T. Hill said...

I was actually outside about 8:30 this morning rereading Velvet Elvis, and read about the part where Rob Bell is counseling a soon-to-be-wed couple and asked them why they chose this remote outside location. They responded that there was just a presence, not necessarily God, but some force that "holds it all together".

That, to me, is why mornings are simply amazing. It's the time that you can enjoy the restful peace of a God that "holds it all together" before the rest of the world wakes up and tries to busy it up with life.

It's incredible feeling God's presence in the ordinary. You're supposed to get it at church or camp or mission trips or wherever, but simply having a conversation, loving people, reading a book, that's where God is. He's in the simplicity as well as the complex; and, as humans, we are both of those equally.

Hope all's going well Doug. Just got your email and we'll figure out a time for next week.

As of now, Eric Prince and I are heading downtown to talk to some homeless people and show them some love.