these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Monday, September 11, 2006

'86 Kicks......

The class of 1986 20-year reunion......yes, 20 years since high school graduation. The finest group of graduates that Ross S. Sterling High School of Baytown, TX has ever seen are creeping up on 40 years old and we got together last weekend to celebrate oldness.

It was fun. I had not seen most of those people at all over the last 20 years, and it was fun seeing the changes people had gone through........good and bad. Our name tags had our senior picture on it so we would recognize those that had changed the most. There are several that I live within 20 minutes of right now and did not even know it. I'm looking forward to the 25th.

I am so excited about our student ministry. We are seeing new kids every week. Our students are reaching out to their friends and God is proving his faithfulness as they learn to serve and minister to those they come in contact with daily. AWESOME!

Garland Pee-Wee Eagle update:

This week we snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory and lost 6-0 to the Owlets. We looked so much better than last week though........there is hope. If I can just get some of them to stop crying.

I am so pumped about football season. I love high school football and while I was at my reunion I went to a game at Baytown's Stallworth Stadium (The House that Doug built). I had not been in that stadium since I graduated, so that was kind of cool. College ball on Saturdays and all kinds of pro action Sunday.

Of course the Cowboys broke my heart as they too snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. But it is a long season. Tonight may be one of the greatest nights in recent memory..........2 Monday Night Football games. Hold on..........I had to wipe the tears out of my eyes so I could finish this.

Here's a few pics of the 4th Grade Eagles in action.....kind of.....

No comments: