these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

"What Car Does He Drive?"

Every once in a while I find myself eating lunch by myself at some fast food place. Tuesday was one of those days. I was at Wendy's......

When I'm by myself at one of these places, I play a little game while I eat my lunch. I like to call it "What Car Does He/She Drive?" Make sure you sit by a window to play. The rules are simple:

1. When someone gets up to leave, you must guess which car they are in before they walk out
of the door.
2. The contestants must already be in the restaurant before you get there. You cannot use
people that pull up while you're sitting there.

I had a great game Tuesday. I batted .700! Yes 7 out of 10 I guessed correctly. .300 is about average, but .700 is unheard of in this growing sport. I had some guesses that were just unbelievable. There was the couple that came in separate cars and I got both of them. There was the young lady that drove a truck. They are sometimes easy to spot, but can fool you if you're not careful. And there was the teenager driving his mom's mini-van. Got that one too.

The three I missed were tough.
1. an older lady (60's).........driving a bug
2. a painter that was not in the work truck that was parked outside of my window, but in a
Kia Sportage
3. and the toughest one of all was the guy I thought was a pastor (had a bible reference book
and his bible with him at the table). I matched him with the rather large car next to my
truck that had the "My boss is a Jewish carpenter" bumper sticker and the "I'm watching
you......GOD" sticker on the other side. He was in the work truck........and another teenager
was in the big car.

Crazy.....but those things happen when you're playing "What Car Does He/She Drive?" Try it out......

I'm going to lunch.......I'm playing doubles today. I'm out....

No comments: