these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Monday, September 25, 2006

A step ahead...

I love this weather. It's just great outside.

The Cryin' Eagles are now 0-4. It's been a tough season so far, but the boys are learning and getting better. I'm not gonna lie though.....it's tough to take a beating every week. I just keep telling myself.....they're 9. It's fun though.....they crack me up.

The ID series is off to a great start. We're working through the connection group material with our students and it started off great last night. There are a lot of things about identity that teenagers deal with, but one of the things that surprises me is the fact that many of them are oblivious to the other students around them. As we looked at the times we have simply tried to "survive," the times we were "striving," and the times we "thrived," many of our students obviously didn't have a lot to draw from over their brief 15 or so years. However, what surprised me was how many of them couldn't recognize the kids around them that are surviving and striving every day just to make it.

Much of Christ's ministry was spent reaching out to those who were striving to live, and/or just trying to survive. He came to "give life to it's fullest." Look for those around you that don't know what that looks like or how to get it. You only have to be one step ahead of someone to lead them..............look for those who are one step behind you. I'm out.....

1 comment:

seetosee1026 said...

Last nfl new season, we sell all the latest team jerseys, Cheap NFL Jerseys for sale, wholesalers and retailers need to have access to our website to order, we will do our best to serve you.our Shopping webs is www.nflnewjerseys2013.com