these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Monday, November 28, 2005

jumping back in..

Well.....it's been a while since my last post. We had a great Thanksgiving, and have enjoyed hanging out together over the last week. The kids go back to school tomorrow, Kelly goes back to work, and things get back into our routine. It's been really nice to kind of slow down and chillax a little bit.

This time of year is so awesome. It's cold outside (at least for now), Christmas lights are going up, there are football games at every level every weekend, parties to go to, gifts to give, it's just awesome! We went to Houston for Thanksgiving, and had a great time with my mom, my brother, and his family. Then last Friday I went to Ft. Worth to shoot some man on the street type video stuff for our Christmas services. I was there with 5 other members of our staff (Keith, Gerry, David, Jay, and Harp) and we didn't know until we got there that it was the night of the Ft. Worth Christmas Parade. 250,000 people for us to interview. It was so much fun. The weirdest thing was that the very first people I walked up to to ask if they would let their small children sing "Jingle Bells" for our camera happened to be a girl that I went to junior high and high school with, and haven't seen in about 12 years. It was really weird.

We had a great group of students at "The Net" Sunday night. Wednesday is our jr. high hoe down. We've got a live bluegrass band coming, and a square dance caller. It should be a lot of fun. I'll make sure to take a lot of pictures.

Sometimes it's hard to jump back into things after having some time off, but not at this time of year. There is just so much to be thankful for, and it's just fun. Speaking of fun, I couldn't write tonight without mentioning Monday Madden Madness. My buddy Harp and I got to play today, and, in his words, it just wasn't in the cards for him today. That's all that needs to be said. He did get a freakin' awesome new tv for Christmas.

That's it for now....I'm out...

No comments: