these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Pennies, Hermit Crabs, and other confusing things...

So everything at our student snack bar is priced at $.50 and $.25. How then do we end up with .$21 in pennies after "The Merge," our junior high service on Wednesday nights? It's just one of those things that confuses me. And what about the hermit crab kiosks at the mall? Someone has taken it upon themselves to paint the homes of these poor crabs who chose the shell as camoflage and protection. Suddenly they're thrust into the life of "rockstar" crab because of the peace sign, smiley face, NASCAR logo, or any other of the grafitti that someone has tagged on to their humble abode. Not only that, but people actually buy these for their kids and allow them to bring them out into public. The thing is called a hermit crab for a reason....they don't like attention!

What about the "pull my finger" pen that the lady who works the counter at my favorite morning diet coke stop uses on me everyday. With a smile on her face she looks me dead in the eye and says "pull my pen"....everyday. One day I'm gonna turn the tables if you know what I mean.

My daughter's junior high had a Homecoming game. What? No one wants to go back to junior high. One time through is plenty. Bad hair, voice changing, stinky feet, jacked up teeth, drastic weight changes......no thank you. I guess that will happen again here in about 40 years if I live the normal life cycle.

How about the single pop tart that winds up, unwrapped, back in the box because someone just wanted one. Or it could be sitting in the frig unwrapped, either way, why? Along those lines.....half full canned drinks, glasses of what used to be milk, trash on top of the trash can or beside it, and the question that most parents have heard....why do I have to bathe, I didn't sweat today?

Some days I just get confused and search for answers. Sometimes answers come, sometimes they don't. Oh well, at least the Eagles finally suspended Terrell Owens and ended some of the confusion as to why anyone with a brain would put up with him. But then again people pay $5 for a football hermit crab that just wants to be left alone, but will surely have to endure being used as an actual football by my junior high students.......why?

I'm out.....

No comments: