these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

My favorite time of year...

It is here....my favorite time of year. The weather's getting colder, we're doing Christmas shopping, the Cowboys play 3 times in 11 days, and there is lots of food involved.....AWESOME!!

You know, it sounds cliche, but it is so true. There is really so much to be thankful for, and it takes me slowing down, and getting away to realize it sometimes. As I put my kids to bed tonight, their smiles, their voices, and just their overall well-being reminded me of the things that make my life incredible.

My dad died 5 years ago this week. He actually died on Thanksgiving Day 2000. I remember that day very well, and each Thanksgiving I'm reminded of the 32 years I had with my dad before Thanksgiving 2000. As a kid I remember looking forward to the parades, the games, the food, and just hanging out with our family. I want my kids to look forward to these days for more than just the presents and gifts they will receive in a few short weeks. We're going to my mom's in a few days and I look forward to it for many different reasons. Reasons that make this my favorite time of year.

Happy Thanksgiving......I'm out

Cowboys 20 Lions 7..........SWEET VICTORY!!!

No comments: