these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

What do we do with out time?

Life is so fleeting....a friend, and former colleague passed away yesterday. Sandra Reeves-Blackmon was a business teacher at Rowlett High School. My wife and I had worked with her for the last 4 years. She was my wife's department chair, and her husband, Stan, is the head basketball coach at Rowlett. She was at school when she had a heart attack and passed away in her classroom. When I got the phone call from a friend at the school telling me about this tragedy I began to think about our time here on this earth and how I choose to spend it.

My hope is that my investments into my own family will far out live my existence here on this earth. Are my kids learning from me in ways that will assist them in their lives without me? I hope so.

I've seen many churches and ministries fall apart when their leader leaves. Where, then, was the focus to begin within that ministry. It should be on Christ, and any pastor, or church leader should want their ministry to live on when they are no longer part of that particular congregation. If it does not, then who have we led these people into following in the first place.

Think about your life, and how you spend it. What is your time being invested in, and will it last beyond you? My prayers are with Stan Blackmon, Casey Reeves, and the rest of Sandra's family. She was a wonderful lady, and will be missed.

I'm out...

1 comment:

seetosee1026 said...

Last nfl new season, we sell all the latest team jerseys, Cheap NFL Jerseys for sale, wholesalers and retailers need to have access to our website to order, we will do our best to serve you.our Shopping webs is www.nflnewjerseys2013.com