these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Full-time Ministry?

So Father's Day had come and gone once again......I must say I enjoy Father's Day. We have a little thing in our house for birthdays, Mother's Day, and Father's Day that the honoree gets to choose to go out for dinner or have their favorite home-cooked meal. I take home cookin' everytime.

I'm talkin' chicken fried stizeak, mashed potatoes, corn, and rolls...........mmmmm! As if that wasn't enough....i got a new x-box game and the season 6 of King of the Hill. Greatness.

We leave for camp in one week. That means a week of meetings, planning, organizing, etc....It's going to be great! Some of my most memorable moments growing up came at camp. As a 17 year old kid, at Lake Tomahawk Baptist Encampment in Woodville, TX, I made a commitment to full-time ministry. I had no idea what area of ministry, where, when, or how...I just knew I was being called to serve.

I think sometimes we spend too much time tyring to decipher exactly what we are to do rather than just answering God's call on our life and allowing him to guide and direct us daily. Since that camp 20 years ago God has led me to several different jobs as a teacher, worship leader, preacher, etc.....each one a different mission field with a different mission. It was 21 years after I committed my life to full-time ministry that God led me to a full-time church staff position. Each one of us can be used where we're at in life and should stay on the lookout for those ministry opportunities.

You know....I found myself watching a soccer match yesterday. I still hate it. Only 54 days till the Cowboys opener.

Here are some pics of a few of our summer happenings.....I'm out.....

No comments: