these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

When it rains....

It shouldn't have surprised me, but there has been yet another crisis. Saturday morning as I was just relaxing a bit, playing xbox with Beaux Brooke walks into the room and very calmly says hey mom and dad....the wash room is flooded.

As I ran down the hall, water splashing up through the carpet, I realized the washing machine that we've had for 14 years was done. So was our carpet in the hallway....a real stinkin' mess. Spent the rest of the day pulling up carpet and padding. We were planning on putting in new floors, but our hand has been forced. When it rains, it pours.....right out of the stinkin' washing machine.

The weekend was great. I've got to give a shout out to my buddy Simon. We had a new drummer, who was also new to the church, that didn't realize we had an 11:30 service, so when we started it, he wasn't there. We started the music without a drummer, but by the end of the first song Simon had climbed up in the throne and didn't miss a beat....literally. Thanks Si....u da man.

Tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. we have a family moment. My son starts a four day football camp. It's a skills and drills camp and he is pumped! He asked if he was going to get to tackle somebody......I teared up. He's got a defensive mentality. I'm tearing up again.

I'm going to go concentrate on my defensive mentality to prepare for something else to break. I'm not sure I can even sleep with the fan on tonight for fear it may fall out of the stinkin' ceiling....wouldn't surprise me at all. Oh well....69 days 'till the Cowboys opener.

I'm out...

No comments: