these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

2nd day of camp......



What a great day!! These kids amaze me. The recreation stuff was great. Josh and Drew, our recreation leaders, are awesome! The games were good and the kids are doing a great job of encouraging each other and participating in stuff.

My boy Runks brought it home tonight. His message hit home on so many different levels tonight. Our kids responded in many different ways. We had two more kids make first time decisions to follow Christ, and several that just got some things cleared up that they've needed to clear up for a while.

Walls are coming down and I believe that these students are really at a place in their lives where they are seeing how God operates in and through their lives. I'm excited to see what happens over the next two days and where these kids go from here.

By the way....after the late night stuff was done a big group of our leaders and kids had an impromptu gathering outside the chapel. We stood their for an hour with Matt Caudle beat boxing and the rest of us freestyle rapping. It might have been the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life. Doug Fyffe, my wife Kelly, everyone.......our camp pastor Runks and his intern...it was stinkin' hilarious and it's all on video. Word!

Here are some pics from today.....I'm out....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you to all the adults who have gone to camp. We appreciate you!!! It looks like great fun, I'm jealous- spent 12 hours today on algebra.
Beth

Anonymous said...

Hey Doug! Sounds like y'all are having a blast! Tell Van and all the Lake Ridgers I said hello!

-Amanda Brock