these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Beaches and other scenery.....


I'm up early and getting ready for the weekend.

Our first Big Thursday event was a success. We had 20 or 25 kids out Thursday afternoon just playing beach volleyball, basketball, and ultimate frisbee. It's funny that we still call it beach volleyball in Garland, TX just because we play it on a sand court. The whole day was a lot of fun. We all decided to meet at Double Dave's Pizza to watch the Mavs play, but ended up coming over to my house. Big win.....and a big game tonight.

Yesterday I had the chance to think a little on the ways that God reveals himself to me.every day. I was actually looking through some of the pictures that I took when we were in Colorado Springs when I began to think about these things. It's easy for me to see things like that and be reminded of just the awesome power of God. But when I think of the ways he reveals himself daily, it blows me away.

The people he places in my life, the conversations I have, the family I come home to everyday...there are just so many ways. The view as I drive down Buckingham could resemble the Garden of the Gods with a little imagination. I mean, we do have "beach" volleyball. Seriously, there are so many things I see or hear everyday that serve as reminders of the presence of God in my life. Look for the ways that God is revealing himself to you today as you do your thing. The view is incredible!

Everyone in my house is feeling much better. I got several e-mails from people who could relate to the craziness around here last week. Here are some pics of the Mavs night at my house.

I'm out....

No comments: