these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

All ears....

Our pediatrician has got to be wondering what we do to our kids. We've been the doctor's office this year more than I've been in my own living room.

Today it was Ashli and Beaux. Beaux is having his 3rd set of tubes put in his ears and his tonsils taken out in a couple of weeks. He's hearing at 30 decibels what he should hear at 5. Last night he complained for the first time that one of his ears was hurting. He also has this persisitent cough and congestion. Well....it's all related. He can't breathe, he's coughing, he's full of snot, and he can't hear. You gotta feel sorry for him. Our tv is so loud and everyone has to holler at him.

Ashli has been diggin' mud out of her ear since her softball team's big mud fight at their party last week. Needless to say.....ear infection. Well....she did not have a good afternoon. She had stuff sucked out of her ear (she actually had mud on her ear drum) that was completely gross. On top of that she had this plantar's wart on the bottom of her foot that the doctor went ahead and burned off since we were there. She hates needles and trying to convince her that the shot she was going to get in the bottom of her foot wouldn't hurt much was like convincing me that I need to eat more greens. Between the ear sucker and the shot, I think she broke my fingers, and she screamed so loud Beaux heard her.

73 Days till the Cowboys opener............

I'm out....

No comments: