these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

One Year......

Last night was the one year anniversary of the first time I spoke to our junior high students at Springcreek. The week of June 5 will be my one year anniversary at Springcreek.

As I look back at the last year there are so many things for which I am thankful.

My family and I have a church family that we absolutely love. The people at Springcreek are incredible. One of the things that God showed us as we were going through the interview process was that Springcreek would be a place that we would go to church even if I wasn't working there.

The reason I stayed in teaching so long was the students. I love teaching students. There are no words to describe the blessing that the Springcreek students have been to us. The spiritual growth we've seen, the excitement the students have for the ministry of our church, the way they reach out to people and serve....it's unbelievable. They are an inspiration to me and have taught me a ton.

Jay.......I can't explain how much I appreciate you and what you do for our students. Our student ministry's adult leaders.....AWESOME!

All of this and God is allowing me to have a hand in leading the worship at SCC too. Our creative team is great. I've never worked with a better group of people than the staff at SCC. Add to that, working with Harper....I've said it before, I'm glad we're on the same team.

There is so much more to say about the last year, but not enough room. I feel so blessed to be included in this ministry. When I look back over the last 15 years or so, I can see the path that God has led me on, and how it has prepared me to be here today. There is no feeling like knowing you are exactly where God wants you to be......and for us it's Springcreek Community Church.

I'm out.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I found your blog off the church website. Thanks again for the great stuff you said about me. I start that job on Tuesday! I'm really glad to hear things are going well for you. It's hard to believe you've already been at that church almost a year. I remember when I found out you weren't going to be teaching anymore. I hope to be able to stop by the church soon so we can catch up. Hope you have had a wonderful weekend!