these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mom's Day

I think last night was the first time everyone in the family has been home on a weekend night in about a month. It was cool. We all went to dinner together, came home and cleaned house a little, watched some Smallville that we had on the TIVO, and just enjoyed each other's company.

Mother's Day weekend.......guys, go buy your cards, candy, gifts, make reservations, or whatever you need to do to make Sunday special for mom.

I got to spend a little time with my mom earlier in the week. You know, as I get older, it's weird how much smarter she gets. There are just so many things that I face daily that cause me to think back to what my mom must have gone through at times with me and my brother.

Talking about the DaVinci Code this week in our services. I read another church's blog that was complaining about there being too many churches talking about this subject. Well, we are responsible for our communities and if we don't address things, people are probably not going to go seek out a church that is addressing their questions, they just won't go at all. This is a landmark book, and the movie will probably do just fine. I think it is wise for churches to address the issues with their people so that the book and movie are understood to be exactly what they are.......fiction. To understand truth, you must be able to recognize what is false.

Inlaws, daughter's softball practice, cleaning house, saturday service, and oh.....Mother's Day shopping. Got to get going....I'm out.

No comments: