these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Nasty Spill.....

Okay....so I'm a little gun shy. Can you blame me? Foundation repairs, 5 plumbing leaks, a broken washer, ruined carpet...all in 2 months. Enough to make anyone gun shy.

So it should not have surprised me that a nice, quiet lunch with the family could not just stay that way. We were at McAllester's (sp?), a great place by the way, eating lunch. We were all out shopping for a new washing machine, and Kelly had wanted to go try this place out since I had endorsed it. You see, it's not often that a sandwich place gets my endorsement.

As we finished our lunches and were sitting at the table just having a good family chat.....it happened. Someone spilled right behind my chair and splashed my legs with their mishap. As I turned to see what had happened I realized that it was not a spill, but that this little 10 year old girl and just stinkin' thrown up all over the place. Of course I had shorts and flip flops on and so I could now feel it running down my leg. I started gagging. The look on my son's face as he watched it all unfold from across the table was priceless. He was laughing his little head off. The waitress was horrified. My wife was gagging with me. And my oldest daughter just kept saying....."it's on my leg, it's on my leg." She too had been hit with shrapnel. When the kid that was given the unfortunate job of mopping up graciously asked if I wanted him to wipe off the back of my leg, I just said no I'll get it. All of this while the little puke monster that started this chain of events had come back to her seat and watched.

So please, for the next few weeks, no sudden movements please. I'm a little nervous. It's been 24 hours since anything broke or threw up on me. I'm on a roll and

I'm out

No comments: