these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Stories...

We're back from Atlanta. The Orange Conference was great. Good conference, good time, good company.....it was a lot of fun. I think of all the things we heard, Donald Miller was the best. I've heard him several times and read most of his books, but his message really resonated this time.

We are all living our lives within a story. If we don't like our story we look for another story. So do our families, our students, our congregation members, etc....

We have to provide these groups of people with a great story in which to live their lives or they will find one on their own. What kind of story are you providing for the ones you love? I've already started to try and re-write some of the stories that make up my daily life.

Looking forward to the new series kick-off this week....looking at parents and their students relationships.....helping them look at the stories they're writing.

By the way...the Cowboys play in 91 days. I'm out....

No comments: