these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Amazing...

My buddy Ray Miranda pointed out to me that I did not mention the Cowboys yesterday. You see, I had them TIVO'd and I had not watched the game yet. Now that I've seen it.......HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS? WOOOOO!

Just had to get that out....a little late.

I was thinking today about the way God operates in our lives. It's so amazing to look back at the things He has led me through to prepare me for this exact time of my life. There are so many times that I've tried my own thing, thinking I had a handle on what was best. Turns out...it wasn't. Seeking God's guidance and direction always leads to better things.

I made a coaching move one time based on the fact that I wanted a varsity coaching job. it was the worst move of my life for so many reasons. So many things began to crumble in my life that I wondered if I could ever get out, or if I just needed to punt. As I began to pray for guidance, God led us to Dallas. I don't even have the space to write all of the ways He led me through to this point.

But even through all of that, I still take the wheel too much. I pray that God would continue to allow me to lead in this ministry, but that the controls would stay firmly in His grip. We serve a truly amazing God.

I'm out.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"How about them Cowboys?"?!? The cowboys did horrible. They got trounced by a horrible team. TWICE IN A ROW. I thought the Cowboys beat the Indians back in the old west.

Cowboys - 7
Redskins - 35