these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Merry Christmas..


Well....just 5 more shopping days until Christmas. I think we're finally done. After a long day at Stonebriar and Firewheel, I think it's over. I love going shopping at this time of year, but I do more people watching than anything else. I'm a very deliberate shopper in that I know what I'm looking for, and I don't waste a lot of time. But watching people is just fun. Of course, I spend my fair share of time in the food court too.

Our Christmas concert services were great this weekend. You can check it out at springcreekchurch.org. You know...there is just something awesome about celebrating the birth of Christ through music and fellowship. It was great. I grew up southern fried baptist, and some of my favorite memories are of our Christmas Eve services. I'm really looking forward to our Christmas Eve, "Home for Christmas," services this weekend. We have family and friends coming in, and it's just a great time.

We've been talking about community and connecting at "The Net" for the last couple of weeks, and I've been thinking of the importance of these things in my life. Who are we hanging out with, how are we encouraging others, where do we turn for encouragement, and are we being a positive influence to those around us?

This is such a great time to take inventory and look at how our lives are affecting others, and what is affecting our lives. The birth of Christ began a life that changed my life forever. We have opportunities every day to change lives forever and my prayer is that I do that personally, and that we as a church do that for our community. Have a great Christmas....

I'm out....

I don't have much to say about my Cowboys. No where to go but up from that one......I'm no fair weather fan though.......GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: