these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Guy stuff

A few years ago I came home from leading worship at a week of camp. It had been a long summer of camps. As a matter of fact, I think I had led at 8 weeks of camps that summer, and I had just finished the last one. It had been 2 weeks since I had been able to spend anytime with my kids. My son had been at home with girls for too long. When I walked in the door the greeting was awesome. Hugs, kisses, and excitement that let me know that I had truly been missed. But my son was not only glad to see me, but was just happy to have another guy in the house. As he hugged me and welcomed me home he looked me in the eyes and said, "dad, can we go do some man stuff?" He just wanted to get away and do things that guys get to do without the girls around.

Well I had the chance to go with my senior high guys on a campout/paintball trip this weekend and it was awesome! We took 20 9-12 grade guys camping last night, woke up this morning and played paintball for about 4 hours. But the hangout time was the best. No need for details, you know what goes on when guys get together on campouts and do guys stuff. We have some great guys and they were just fun.

However, they wore me out, and I'm going to bed. Pictures tomorrow..I'm out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so doug, i'm not seeing the section on here where we could get a free dinner?

-Ashley H