these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Monday, December 05, 2005

What/Who defines us?

I just read my buddy Bob Bickford's blog......what a Scrooge. Put your stinkin' lights up. I started putting mine up tonight and should be done tomorrow.

Man we had a great time together at "The Net" last night. There are just so many good things going on, and I'm just trying to keep up with our kids. They're so awesome! I had the chance to sit down with a friend of mine today. Curt Grice is the youth pastor at FBC Arlington. I had the opportunity to preach and lead worship at their Wake Up Weekend last year and will be doing it again this February. He's just incredible.

We talked about the things that our students are bombarded with daily, and the need to teach them to identify truth, and how to make God led decisions. So much of todays society is lived for the moment. Trends in everything from entertainment to fashion change so often it's hard to keep up. It's not just an issue with our students. We as adults struggle with the same stuff.
No one wants to look old, or outdated.

You know though, God looks at us with a completely different set of eyes. And the more I see myself, the more thankful I am that He looks at me with His eyes. So much of what we do and what we have just does not matter. I'm not slammin' all of these things because the fact is we live in the world, and will be exposed to these things, and be a part of this stuff sometimes daily. However, we do not have to let these things form our character, identity, or anything else about us. That is where we allow God to form us and then use us in the midst of everything around us in the world.

I made the statement last night to our students that I'm really glad the God uses us in spite of who we are, and not because of who we are. I know that's right....

I'm out...

Come up with a caption for this picture taken at our guys campout/paintball trip. The winner gets a free lunch brought to their school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND....AND WE'LL KEEP ON PAINTING 'TILL THE END!!!

caption by CJ Glover-9th grade

Thanks again for a great time too, btw!

Anonymous said...

hahah whew adam looks pale righht in the center theree, i'll have to show this one to pen shell get a good laugh. c ya sunday!