these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Another weekend in the books...

What a great weekend.......

Let's start with Friday. We had a great time at the staff Christmas party. It was a night of hot wings and hockey. There was more food than that, but they were the best. Judy (our children's minister), Jennifer (board member's wife), and I picked the winning score and got prizes. The hockey game had several good fights and a lot of scoring. And to top it all....Jay had a date! Way to go Jay.

Saturday started with my kids and I going to see "The Chronicles of Narnia." It was good. I'm not a fan of fantasy movies, but this was good. I won tickets to the premier from a radio station and it was real cool. Our students had a Christmas party for the needy families that we adopted Saturday afternoon. There were some things that I'll change when we do it next year, but all I had to do was talk to the kid's parents, and watch the video footage to know that it was a success. It was incredible!!! I'll post some pictures later. After church Saturday night we piled on to a trailer and into a few trucks and went looking at Christmas lights, came back to the church, ate pizza and hung out for a while.

We wrapped up our Desperate Households series in the main services today. Pastor Keith did a great job delivering a message dealing with finances, pride, and sacrifice. Using some of his personal story combined with biblical truths about giving and finances, he delivered a powerful close to a great series. The Net was great tonight. Our students are really looking into their relationships with each other and God. It's exciting to see them begin to grow and look for opportunities to express the love Christ has for us to other people.

I those of you that were at the Net tonight that I would post the verses I referred to so you could look them up, along with some questions I gave you. Here they are:
1 John 4: 7-12
1 John 3:11-18

Questions:
1. How have past experiences with God's love made a difference in your life?
2. What does it mean to you to be personally loved by God?

God loves you.....you love God....God provides power to love others.....you love others.

Have a great day tomorrow...I'm out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

c'mon Doug...no comment's on the Cowboys???