these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Lost and found....

Well it's here......the shopping is done, presents wrapped, my wife and daughters are baking stuff. I think I am finally feeling the Christmas spirit. I've had a hard time finding it this year. I don't know why. There have been times when I've felt it, but it's just been slow coming. When I was teaching the excitement of a two week vacation helped produce some of that spirit, but this year that wasn't there. I've been excited about the Christmas Eve services, shopping for my family and stuff, but I didn't even take the time to put up my Christmas village this year that I always have up.

I thought I was getting there Wednesday, then something happened. I went to check the gifts that I had hidden at the church and they were gone. About $500 worth of stuff was mistakenly wrapped and sent off with the Good Samaritan gifts for needy kids that our church had collected. I was able to find everything and re-buy, but I was in a panic.

Last night we watched "Christmas Vacation" and something just clicked. I woke up this morning, did some last minute shopping, and I am pumped. However, my Cowboys are trying real hard to give away this game to the Panthers and that's ticking me off. There is no way Julius Peppers blocked that field goal.

Well, we've got 3 services tonight, and I'm excited. Tonight is also the night that we, as a family, watch "A Christmas Story," and eat pizza together after church. It's my favorite night of the year. Have a great Christmas and an happy New Year.

I'm out.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"A Christmas Story" is lameee.

Doug Schmidt said...

speaking of lame....stop being anonymous and leave your name...