these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Happy Birthday....

Today is my daughter Ashli's 14th birthday. Happy Birthday sweetheart. And what a birthday/snow day.

What? Dec.8, and we have a snow day....that usually doesn't happen until january or february if at all. When we went to bed last night we knew this was a possibility. My wife, being a teacher, was up at 6:00 checking the news for school closings and as Garland ISD rolled across the screen it was as if she had just gotten a Christmas bonus.

I grew up in Houston, and we never had a snow day. We had a couple of hurricane days, and one refinery explosion day, but those just don't carry the same amount of fun as a snow day. Okay, so it was mainly ice, but snow day sounds better than ice day. My son and I played a great game of Madden, some Medal of Honor, and then he played some bug your sisters. We got the Christmas tree up and my wife got her Christmas decorations done. On refinery explosion day, you have to stay inside until the air is deemed safe to breathe, and/or evacuate your home. Not near as fun as sliding on the ice down your sidewalk and putting up Christmas stuff while watching Rudolph and The Christmas Story.

We've got a busy weekend coming up, but I should have some awesome pictures of our student Christmas party, and staff Christmas party when it's all done. Good luck to the Lady Mustangs of Sachse High School (especially Meg, Pen, and Coop) as they take on the Garland Owls tomorrow night in their first district game.

I'm out......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

doug wheres that good luck to ashley for her stats? eh eh