these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

What lies ahead?

Wow..starting a new year. Looking back on the last year gets me so excited about the coming year. My wife and I were talking about all of the things that have transpired over the last 12 months, and I just can't help but wonder what's in store for us in 2006.

In January of '05 things seemed to be plugging along just as we planned. We were unbelievably busy most of the time but were happy with our lives. We had goals for the new year and dreams of what we wanted to achieve. As we set out to pursue our plans, it only took a little while to realize God had something much bigger planned.

I never figured that God would lead me into a full-time youth pastor's job at a church that I had never even heard of when the year started. It only proved once again that even the best plans that Kelly and I could come up with could never match up to God's plan for our lives. Why He would choose me for this position, I don't know. The opportunity to serve on a church staff like the one at Springcreek is incredible. I could never have imagined this one year ago.

As we look at 2006, I am trying real hard to allow God to lead without having to pull me back from chasing my own dreams. I would encourage you to remember that God has a unique plan for each of our lives. Regardless of our mistakes, shortcomings, flawed reasoning, and whatever else we still get a uniquely designed plan for our life. I want to make sure that this year I work at recognizing the opportunities that God places in my life.

There are plans for your life that you can't even imagine right now. Regardless of where you are, what you've done, or what's going on in your life, there is a plan for your life. It's more amazing than you could ever imagine, and nothing you come up with on your own will match up. The design for your life is in fact, uniquely yours and the rewards will be amazing.

Happy New Year.......I'm out....

No comments: