these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Friday, January 20, 2006

6th grade slumber party

Monday is my daughter's birthday....she'll be 12. So tonight we have 10 6th grade girls spending the night in our house. If you could please lift us up in prayer, it would be much appreciated. No drama so far, but it's only been 1 and half hours. We tried to do a scavenger hunt out at the new Firewheel Towne Center mall, but the mall security and management took all of the girls to customer services and shredded their list of things they had to do, made them sit on the bench outside of the building while they lectured them, and then had them call us. We were eating ice cream just down the mall and walked over to a crying group of 6th graders, and brought them home.

Right now, they're doing cheers in my living room and having a good time, so I'm trying to disappear. The over/under for drama is 4 hours. Chances are it'll happen about 2 a.m. and I'll feel sorry for my wife having to take that kid home. I just don't understand jr. high girls sometimes.....they just confuse me. They're funny......yet annoying, loud....yet eeerily quiet, sensitive......yet mean......I don't know. Boys are just much more simple creatures.

I'll have pictures for you tomorrow maybe.....I'll try to get one of my wife dragging some poor girl out of my house at 2:00 a.m. crying and snotting all over the place (it'll probably be my daughter). Right now though...I'm going to go sit down with my son, eat some popcorn and watch Cops, or wrestling, or something.

I'm out....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sry that u had to spend the night w/ jr.high girls. it's hard enough for me to live w/ one...hehehe j/k.
i would of never guessed that jay studied miming.wow weird.well see ya tomorrow.

meghan
aka
braak