these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

The weekend...

Well....we survived. The slumber party was a success....tiring.....but a success nonetheless. Drama was held to a minimum while giggling and and goofiness were at their peak. I think they finally fell asleep around 5:00 a.m. I still haven't downloaded pics, but will probably do that tonight and post them up.....

We had a worship team meeting last night at Scott's house. We had 16 or 17 people there just to hang out and talk about vision and direction in our worship ministry. It was awesome! When a team is on the same page, moving in the same direction, with the same goals, much can be accomplished. When I was coaching that was usually the first order of business. Get the kids focused on why we're doing what we're doing, and the value of their participation and effort. We have a great team, and I can't wait to see who else God brings into the ministry, and how He uses us to accomplish the ministry of Springcreek Community Church.

Sunday's are long.....services this morning, The Net tonight, and today we've got a membership class at 3:00 that I need to be at before The Net. It is the most rewarding day of the week for me, but also the most tiring. I usually don't feel it until I'm on the way home Sunday night. I always look forward to Sunday night though because I come home and watch Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy with my wife. Say what you will, but they're awesome shows. We don't miss them. I'll stay up after the shows and watch the championship games that I TIVO during the day. Sometimes that helps me forget that I love Desperate Housewives and re-establishes my man card.

I'm out......

No comments: