these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

A beautiful stinkin' day in the neighborhood....

Every day is a new day right? I'm sitting here on one of those mornings that I woke up early thinking about all of the things I need to get done today. I fell asleep last night watching Law and Order after a very long day that started out great. 24 hours ago I woke up looking forward to getting into the office and getting my fairly long to do list done. A list that included lots of things to finish up for Focus Weekend, taking my truck in at lunch for new tires, preparation for this Sunday, and finish it off with "the Merge," our junior high service.

It was a great morning. A driving with the windows down, listening to some new worship tunes, eating my donuts, and drinking my diet coke morning. Then it happened........she just pulled right out in front of me. I had a green light, she was sitting at a red light, and she just pulled out. It all happened in slow motion, but yet in a flash. I could see her face as I nailed the front end of her brand new, paper tags, little Kia Sportage with my beast of a Dodge truck.

I couldn't believe it....my light was green, hers was red.....I just sat there. I couldn't look at her. So many questions....such as....should you really be driving when your head is up your butt? I sat there in disbelief and finished my donut.

I was lucky though....the lady was one of the nicest people I've ever met. She took full responsibility, could not stop apologizing, was fully insured, and repeatedly referred to herself with names that made me laugh.

My truck was drivable unless I tried to turn left. But by afternoon it was at "The Body Shop" in Garland, I was in a Dodge Durango rental car (very nice), and I'm thinking about changing my car insurance to State Farm. I've got to get ready to go to work....

I'm out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang!!

I hope David and I haven't started a trend.

Should we invest in some football gear for Keith, Bob, and rest of the staff to wear?

I'm glad you, and the other driver, came out of it safely.

God Bless and Good Luck!