these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Connecting

Man....I have got to get on top of this blogging stuff. I was doing so good when I first started and now I go days without posting.

Today was my day off, and it was good. I got some stuff done around the house, and got to hang out with a couple of friends for lunch. After the kids got out of school I played some football with my son. That was awesome! We've got plays and everything, and you should see his endzone celebrations. Good stuff.

Last night was our first student service in two weeks. I've got to brag on a couple of my students. Meghan and Ashley are two of my high school girls. For several weeks we've been talking about connecting to God, connecting to others (believers and non-believers), and how to use the power that God gives us to love others and what that looks like. These two girls have taken huge steps to make that happen in their own lives and in our student ministry. They are impacting people, and they don't even realize it.

I've had some conversations recently with some of our students. They've ranged from questions about beliefs and faith, to confessions of sins and asking for prayer and healing. It has been great. Our "Focus Weekend" is coming up at the end of the month, and it is going to be awesome. God is moving, and I'm just having fun watching it all happen and being someone that He chooses to use.

Look for ways to connect with someone today and work hard to show the love of Christ in dealing with others.

I'm out....



This is Meghan and Ashley.....they're awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks doug=) hahaha but that has to be the worst pic of us ever. I GOT A JOB!!