these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Finding Nemo....

The scream from the back of my house was one that I recognized as my wife getting the crap scared out of her. My kids and I love to scare my wife because she may be one of the most easily spooked people I've ever known. But we had been out of town for a few days and it was about midnight. As I went toward the bedroom to see who had done it this time my wife met me at the bedroom door saying she had heard a very creepy voice in our bathroom. She said all it did was laugh and it sounded like it came from the intercom system. No one claimed responsibility and she was freaked. Of course it didn't help that we had watched an episode of America's Most Haunted that evening.

I looked around but heard or saw nothing. She was not going to sleep until we found out what the voice was and where it came from. I left the room and was not even 3 steps out of the room when she screamed again...she heard it again and again I found nothing. By this time my oldest, Ashli, was in on the search. Still nothing....

By 1:00 a.m. I was laying in bed and fading fast. Just as entered rim sleep, she screamed again and heard the voice coming from our bathroom. This time my manhunt turned up the culprit.......it was Nemo. Yes....the beloved clown fish whose trip through Sydney Harbor and the South Pacific inspired McDonald's toys. It was one of those Happy Meal toys whose voice box began to fail and was randomly lauging in a real creepy, Jack Nicholson type laugh in our bathroom. Funny stuff, but Nemo was pronounced dead at 1:22 a.m. Monday July 10th.

Spent the day today ripping up tile in our guest bathroom and scraping the adhesive off of the floor to prep it for painting. Fun stuff......

I think I'll go make creepy laughing noises in the intercom and see what happens.

I'm out.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey dad..this is ashli...haha that was a really funny night. I remember i was a lil freaked to go to sleep even after i knew u had found nemo but you kept scarin me with it..lol. well just thougt i would say sup dawg and see how your camp is goin...and miss ya...see ya soon.
*Ashli*