these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Monday, July 31, 2006

It's About Time....

I know....it's about stinkin' time I post something. Bob's threatening to delink me from his blog, both people that read this are getting on to me, it's crazy. It would take forever to catch you up on everything, so I'll try to hit the highlights.

Surely the highlight of the last week was the work we did at Mission Arlington last week. We took 25 high school students to Mission Arlington for 3 days. Lamar Baptist Church was nice enough to allow us to stay in their youth room and use their annex house while we were there. It was a great trip in so many ways. They had us doing work at several of their apartment sights for most of the week. We also had the opportunity to help a young, single mom whose house had burned down get things cleaned up, and salvage whatever she could from the fire.

The big news from home that week was my two daughters finding out that Lance Bass, of NSTINK fame, announced his gayness. They were shocked! They called me with the news. I was not shocked. I couldn't believe there was actually a news conference to give us that news. My buddy Scott likened it to a news conference to announce that he had been breathing oxygen for the last 35 years. Or let's have a news conference that every once in while, I have to eat food.

This weekend Springcreek had Sarah Kelly as a guest worship leader. It was a good weekend. She led a worship seminar on Saturday night after our service which went well also. We had some people that attended that are going to be great additions to our worship team at SCC.

After the seminar I had to hustle over to Smirnoff Ampitheatre for a night with Journey and Def Leppard. I missed Journey, but I just saw them in November at Nokia. My wife and kids were out there and said that it was good, but not as good as the show in November. I got there as they were setting up Def Leppard's stage, so I caught that whole set. I have never seen a crowd that big at that venue. Completely sold out. I haven't seen Def Leppard since I was 14 years old. It was great! My kids loved it.

Well.....lots of stuff to do. I'm preaching our Wednesday night service this week and doing the music.....perhaps a little awkward, but I've had to do it before. Worship team auditions tonight and tomorrow night. My son's first football practice tomorrow. And, it's our 18th anniversary this Saturday.

This blog sight is being stupid right now and won't let me upload pics so I'll try to post some mission trip pics later.....I'm out....

No comments: