these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

I Do.....


Well...it is finished. The wedding went great. They had a ton of people show up.....way more then they expected. My mom was so excited. I haven't seen her that happy in a long time.

We saw a lot of people that we have not seen in a long time. It's kind of strange because my mom's new husband was married to her second cousin at one time. They were divorced 30 years ago, but his kids (my new step siblings) were always at family reunions and stuff. So seeing them in this setting and being step brothers and step sisters now is kind of weird

I'm happy for my mom...........there were a few points in the ceremony that I wasn't sure about. I didn't know if I should refer to her as Barbara or mom throughout. I just called her mom. It was strange talking about the sanctity of marriage and what the commitment means to my mom. She was married to my dad for 34 years.....she has somewhat of a clue. And then there was the kiss. I didn't want to watch, but I couldn't turn away......so I just told him to shake her hand or something until I was out of the room.

We'll be heading back to Rowlett today with painting, pulling carpet, and putting in floors on the agenda for the next month or so. Ashli got a text message today that told her she was voted most valuable player at pitcher and shortstop for her softball team. She's pumped. Here are some pics of the wedding and of the mvp.

No comments: