these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 2 of Barranquilla

Today was long...but productive. Just a lot of meetings and stuff that have to be done to cover everything that needs to be covered before heading to the barrios tomorrow.

We went to church this morning and my team was actually in one of the churches I was with when I was here in October. Pastor Edwin and his wife Rosy are great....and what a great group of people. The encouraging thing was that back in October there was probably about 50-75 people in their church. This morning they had apprx. 150 people there. Incredible!!

Their band was slammin'! Last time we were there...they had one speaker and the piano, guitar, and vocal mic were all plugged into it. They rocked it out this morning!

You know....the thing that still amazes me about church here is that the people are there to worship and there is nothing that is drawing them in except for the desire to meet with God. No fancy buildings, no "creative elements," no a/c, no multimedia presentations......just worship! and a lot of it!

We met our translators and nationals that we will be working with this week and they are great. I love our translators.....funny group of kids that are pumped about being here! We'll have more on them later.

Taxi rides are still the thrill of the day.....lanes don't matter and horns are used a lot! It's great.

Well.....no random thoughts but I thought I would share what is perhaps the funniest door hanger sign in the history of mankind. And yes...I'm bringin' it home with me.








I'm out!

1 comment:

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

Isn't that what church is for???
So glad to hear y'all are having an awesome time! Thanks for keeping us updated!
I love technology!

Pamela