these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Spring Break...

It's Spring Break....

That doesn't mean the same thing it used to in my teaching days...but it's still good. What a great weekend it's been. Ray, our Connections Pastor, did a great job on the message this weekend. It was a great message on the rest that God brings to our lives. He did a great job of illustrating the busy side of our lives, the struggles we all deal with in scheduling and stuff, and how important the rest and relaxation times are to our physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. Great message mang.

I'm looking forward to Spring Break this week. We're going to New Braunfels with 25 of our senior high students Tuesday. It should be a lot of fun. The rest of the week I'm hangin' with my family and going to Six Flags on Friday with our middle schoolers.

I've had a rough couple of days. I'm really struggling to figure out life with teenage daughters. I just don't understand the teenage female psyche. It's totally foreign. The drama, the eye rolls, the sighs of frustration at your "totally unfair" rules, the clothes, the deer-in-the-headlight looks for any number of things....it's all just so confusing. With my son...we pick up a ball, or an x-box controller, or play pull my finger jokes on each other, and it's all good. Oh that it were that easy with the girls.......maybe not the pull my finger jokes, but the other stuff would be great. I love them dearly...I just don't understand. I don't know if I want to understand. Crap, now I sound like them.....HELP ME.

I'm out....

No comments: