these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Too much noise...

Life is crazy sometimes....

As I sit and think about the stuff that's going on this week it makes me dizzy. I love the fact that our kids are involved in stuff, and I'm very thankful that they are able to do the things they love. I think it is so important for kids to be involved in something. In my years as a teacher the kids that seemed to get into trouble the most were kids that were not involved with anything. They just had time to sit around and make bad choices. So, I encourage my kids to get involved and do something.

However, we also must remember to take some time to relax and be still. I know there have been times that God has tried to speak to me, but I was too busy to listen. Dr. Jack Groppel has some awesome info on managing stress, and time. We saw him at the "Choose to Lead" conference at Willowcreek. His presentation was great and really revealed to me the importance of slowing down and taking time to recover from all of the energy spent. It's hard to hear over your own noise.

I'm tired and it's a long day of meetings tomorrow. I'm looking forward to programming out the next couple of months and talking ministry with the guys I get to serve with every day. We'll spend some time talking, but the listening is where we find the answers. I'm out...

1 comment:

anonymous jones said...

HI, just randomly clicked here. Nice to hear you have kids who are in to stuff. Mine are very hard to amuse. Not into sport, not into reading, not into music. Drives me nuts!