these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Monday, October 10, 2005

A day off...


It's so nice to just have a day off. We all need that time to re-energize and just get things done that need to be done.

For instance....today I took my kids to school, then went and worked out, and then spent a few hours playing Madden with my friend Harper. It was a good time!!! We played about 4 games, ate some Pappas pizza, and I feel much better now.

I did receive some bad news today. One of my cousins in Houston died this weekend, and I may be making a trip down there tonight or tomorrow to do the funeral. I'm just kind of waiting to hear from my mom on what is going on. I feel for my aunt Sandra. My cousin Tiffany was only 31 years old when she died. Her 15 year old son discovered the body and called the police.

Five years ago this Thanksgiving my dad died. I preached his funeral along with the pastor I had grown up with and several of my dad's brothers and sisters came to know the Lord through that service. There were so many ways that God took perhaps the most tragic event in my life and worked through it only as He could. My aunt Sandra is one of the siblings that has developed a relationship with Jesus since that time. Her daughter Tiffany however, did not, and I know she didn't know Christ when she died. It's hard to preach a funeral when you know the person was lost.

Tomorrow is staff meeting, and programming meeting day. That makes for a long day, but we have been making a lot of headway in our meetings lately, and I'm really kind of excited about what we'll get done tomorrow.

By the way......I won 3 out of the 4 Madden games...I'm out...

No comments: