these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

TGIF...

Man....my wife gets home tomorrow, and I am ready. I have had a lot of fun with just me and the kids, but it is hectic. Tonight it was baseball 5:30, dance 6:00, softball 6:30.....3 kids, 3 different places...same time.........no stinkin' way.

You know, I was thinkin' about small groups today and I thought back to my high school years. We didn't have organized small groups, well we did but it was called Sunday School. That's not what I'm talking about though. We had a group of students that spent time together sharing what was going on in our lives, praying for each other, going places together, and all kinds of things. That was such a huge part of my life, and played a huge role in developing my spiritual life.

The small groups we have are meant to do a lot of the same things. We need people with different view points, different lifestyles, opinions, etc...to add balance to our lives and provide us with varying perspectives. Just knowing that there is a group of people that care about what's going on in your life, and knowing that they want to help and encourage is something that we all need.

I remember the seniors that made me feel welcome into our youth group as a freshman in high school. I remember the kids that came into our church that didn't have the same kind of parental support that I grew up with as a kid. The love and support that the seniors showed me was the example that I used to know how to handle the new kids when I was older. That type of leadership is contagious.

The ultimate example of that love and leadership is the love Christ showed to the "have nots" when He walked the earth. It's also shown in the fact that God chooses to use us in spite of who we are, not because of who we are to accomplish His ministry on this earth. I want to be the type of leader that learns and leads.

I'm out....

Here are some pics from "The Net" this week.












No comments: