these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Great Sunday...

Man what a night! Our first weekend with the new schedule is over, and it was awesome! The main services were great last night and today. Our high school service, The Net, was better than I had hoped for tonight. We had Hunter and Daniel Hall in to lead us in worship and they did a great job. They'll be back with us Wednesday night for the junior high service, The Merge.

I brag on them a lot, but our students are the bombdigiddy. We are primed and ready for God to do some amazing things in this student ministry and I'm just glad to be around for it.

We also had some adults that showed up tonight that just took control of some things that I simply did not have time to do, and they were a huge help. They ran the snack bar, took attendance records, helped put up and tear down, and several other things that were just huge helps. Not to mention the small group leaders. What a church!!

And after all of that.....I get home and watch the Cowboy game that I had on TIVO (perhaps the greatest invention in modern history) and watched them absolutely dismantle the Eagles. There's a tear of joy streaming down my cheek right now.

Now at the end of the day, I can still hear the voices of our congregation singing at the top of their lungs. This morning's services were just amazing. Keith's (senior pastor Keith Stewart) message was great, and I believe our people are showing up on weekends wanting to offer themselves up in worship. As I led this morning and could back away from the mic and hear their voices singing it was truly a worshipful moment.

Worship is a lifestyle, not just something you show up and do during a church service, and I see this lifestyle becoming more, and more apparent in our people.

I'm going to bed happy.........out.

No comments: