these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Tuesday's Gone...

You know...Tuesday's can be a whippin' sometimes, but I have to say that today was maybe the most productive Tuesday we've had as a staff. My buddy Bob Bickford wrote about staff meetings on his blog today and had some really good stuff to say. And I am lucky enough to serve on a staff that has some really good staff meetings. We have a lot of fun, but normally get stuff done. We met today as an entire staff for about 30 minutes, then met as a programming team the rest of the day. Along with having some awesome meatball sandwiches for lunch, we programmed our entire upcoming sermon series for the month of October. What a great feeling to have an entire series planned a month in advance. We truly have a great team here at Springcreek and I am proud to be a part of such a wonderful ministry.

The Angels have got to beat the Yankees. I am so sick of the Yankees it's not even funny. Speaking of baseball, by son Beaux had two hits, an rbi, and a run scored in tonights barn burning 8-8 tie between the Rough Riders and Hawks of the Rowlett 10 and under baseball league. If I play my cards right, and teach him to hit from both sides of the plate, he could be my retirement.

You know there are times when it feels like we're just running everywhere. For instance, Thursday night all three of our kids have events at the same time in three different places. I'm not sure how that's going to work out but it will. It's at those times that I feel pulled in 100 different directions that God reminds me of His blessings in my life. The only reason I have to be in those places is because I have 3 great kids to follow around.

Our student ministry is the same way....we put in a lot of hours to make sure things are set up, planned, organized, etc....but we have great students that want to develop their relationship with God into something that guides and directs their lives on a daily basis. What a great place to be, and what a great group of kids.

I'm going to sleep.....out...

No comments: