these are absolutely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Still Water Community Church.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Friends...

I must say that I'm glad tomorrow is Monday. It's my day off, and I'm dead tired. It was another great weekend and I'm ready to regroup and see what God has in store for the rest of the week.

We took a group of junior high kids to a haunted cornfield maze last night and it was very cool. 26 junior high kids, two haunted cornfields, and fun house of clowns. Big daddy doesn't do clowns, but the kids said it was quite creepy. We take our senior high kids this weekend to the same place.

You know I was thinking about stuff today. I am so thankful for the diversity in my student ministry. As I talked with the kids tonight before we got started I became more and more aware of their many differences. I've been encouraging our small groups to learn to share with each other, and with their leaders so that relationships might begin to grow throughout our groups. I've already had kids letting me know that they have discovered something about themselves, their relationship with their parents, and most importantly their relationship with God.

There are a ton of things that go through my head about this student ministry. I want so much for these students to realize the awesome plans that God has for their lives. At the same time I am constantly searching and seeking the plans that God has for me personally. The bulk of our small group lesson tonight was on sharing with each other and encouraging each other to develop relationships with the people that God brings into our lives. Connecting people with God and others is how we grow as a church, and how the church helps us to grow spiritually in our relationship with God.

I can think of so many people in my life that have played a part in seeing me through lots of things. Friends who have taught me many valuable life-lesssons. Our group is on its way to becoming a very effective student ministry, not just a youth group. That's exciting!

Speaking of relationships, I'm playing Madden tomorrow with my buddy Scott Harper. This will be the first Monday Madden Madness since my victory boast a couple of weeks ago. I've been threatened with a beat down of epic proportions. Oh well, a day of Madden, pizza, and just having fun with a friend...if I have to take a beat down, I have to take a beat down. It definitely could be worse.

I'm out.....

No comments: